Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 13: Something That Never Fails to Make You Feel Better

No matter what I'm feeling, no matter how sad I am or what's got me down, there is always something I can turn to that will make me feel so much better: Harry Potter.


Over the last 12 years, whenever I was bored, or lonely, or sad, or upset, or anything such as that, I knew that grabbing a Harry Potter book or popping in one of the DVD's (or in the really old days, VHS's) could always brighten my mood. 


The characters J.K. Rowling has created sometimes feel more real to me than people I actually know. Is that sad? Maybe. I don't care. They've all been my friends for as long as I can remember, and I've quite literally grown up with them, in more ways than one.


I know that no matter what, the books will always be there to make me feel better about myself, or at the very least, take my mind off things for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment