Monday, January 30, 2012

The Windy City

I love Chicago!

And I had such an amazing time there this weekend. We had a really scary ride to the train station on Saturday morning, but after that, it was smooth sailing indeed. The train was lovely, and I definitely plan on traveling by it more often.

We went shopping for the first few hours, and had lunch at Noodles & Co. which is now my favorite restaurant. I'm preparing to google the nearest destination as we speak. And I bought a bunch of stuff at Forever 21, including an awesome hat and scarf combo.

We stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel, and it was amazing. It's super old, having been built in the late 1800's. The architecture and decor were amazingly beautiful, as in all the old buildings in Chicago.

They have a gorgeous old ballroom that's been in movies and stuff that's called the Gold Room. We ended up sort of breaking into it, but it's a testimony to how nice the people at that hotel were that the guy that apprehended us offered to turn on the lights and show us around. It was awesome. Although I'm still convinced they're hiding something in that wing of the hotel, it was dark and mega-creepy.

After a while, we went down to the lobby to catch a cab to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Steve, the ever helpful concierge, asked if we needed a taxi, and where we were going. When we told him, he asked a man that he'd been talking to if he'd take us, and the guy nodded, and then asked us if we wanted to take a stretch limo for $5 a person. The answer was a resounding heck yes, so we piled into the white stretch limo and relaxed for what was definitely the classiest couple of miles of my life. 

After we had dinner, my aunt and I went to the Oriental Theatre to see Mamma Mia! which was totally awesome, and I loved it.

The next day, we saw the Bean, which was trippy, and walked all the way out to Navy Pier. Two and a half miles. Phew. But we saw adorable penguins there, so it was totes worth it.

The whole trip was awesome, and even though I'm totally sleep deprived, I kinda wish I were still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment