Friday, September 23, 2011

Knitting and Doctor Who: It's Good for the Soul

I feel guilty that all I seem to do is watch Doctor Who...


Well, kind of guilty...I mean, it's not like I have any other things to do. I mean, sure I could clean my room, or get started on my mountain of laundry I'll be conquering tomorrow, but for right now, I'd rather just sit back, relax, and enjoy some timey-wimey goodness. 


Because I've had a busy(ish) week, and I deserve it. Or something.


Today in my fifth hour, I ended up teaching half the class to knit. Yep. Because in Fiber Arts, we're carving our own knitting needles (weirdly therapeutic) then knitting scarves with them. Seeing as how I have half a scarf already, and everyone else is still tying themselves up in knots trying to figure out how to cast on stitches, I got delegated the task of helping them all learn it. Turns out, I'm not a very good teacher. Good thing I wasn't really considering that for a career option.


Going along those same lines, that reminds me, there are some incredibly unintelligent people in my French class, and it seriously makes me angry on the inside. I'm going to leave it at that, really, but...agh! Apparently it infuriates me that not everyone is as smart as me...and yes, I do realize how pretentious that sounded...I did that on purpose.


But today after school, I went to Wal-Mart (yay Wal-Mart!) and got brownie mix, Swedish Fish, manicotti, chicken fried rice, giant knitting needles, and some blue yarn. Moral of the story: don't go shopping when you're hungry. But anyways, I'm in the process of knitting myself a blanket. It's about 4 inches long so far...cos 100 stitches kinda takes a really long time to get through. And I didn't really think about it until later when I got home, but the big, soft, fuzzy yarn I got is definitely TARDIS blue. Makes me happy, in the nerdiest way possible. And you know? I don't even care. 


So, I'm gonna finish up here and go to sleep, because I'm very, very sleepy.


Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment